Aggressive Behavior in Individuals with DD/ID/ASD: Recent Advances in Assessment and Treatment
Presented by: Professor Peter Sturmey, Ph.D.
Date: Thursday July 27, 2017 Time: 10:00 am-1:00 pm eastern Recording Information: ABACAccess5
Aggressive behavior is common in many clinical populations, such as individuals with autism, intellectual disabilities, psychiatric disorders and mild aggression is commonly seen in typically developing children.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) offers a unique perspective on functional assessment and functional analysis of aggressive behavior, function-based treatment and caregiver training. This workshop will review recent research on (1) the nature, prevalence, and risk factors for aggressive behavior; (2) functional assessment and functional analysis of aggressive behavior; (3) function-based treatment; (4) evidence-based ABA practices to prevent aggression, teach alternate behavior; and (5) application to specific cases.
After viewing this workshop participants will:
1. Describe the prevalence and risk factors for aggressive behavior;
2. Describe recent research on functional assessment and analysis of aggressive behavior;
3. Name function-based treatments and
4. Describe evidence to support their use
10:00 am: Introduction
10:05 am: Pretest
10:10 am: Presentation begins
11;30 am: 10 minute break
11:40 am: First Q&A Session- submit questions via chat
11:50 am: Presentation resumes
12:45 pm: Q&A submit questions for chat
1;00 pm: Post-test, evaluation, and submit attendance codes
- Behavior Analysts: 3 Type II CEUs
- Psychologists: 3 continuing education hours
- Nurses: 3 continuing education hours (behavioral health related information)
- Certified Counselors: 3 continuing education hours Area: Research and program evaluation, Human growth and development.
- Social Workers: 3 Clinical Continuing education clock hours Level: Intermediate-Advanced
- Teachers: This event may qualify for professional development hours. Discuss with your supervisor before signing up..
Peter Sturmey is co-author or editor of books mentioned during the presentation. He receives royalties from the sale of the books. He also receives speaker and consultation fees for this and other related presentations.
Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities
Our webinars are available to anyone who is able to access the internet. For those who are vision impaired attendance codes are read outloud and graphs and videos are described verbally. For those who require it, our webinar platform allows for closed-captioning. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.