Puberty in Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
Presenter: Sorah Stein, MA, BCBA, CSE
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2016 Time:12:00 pm EST (noon)
Length: 90 minutes
12:00 pm Introduction
12:10 Presentation begins
1:15 Q & A- submit questions via chat function
1:30 Post test, submit attendance codes and fill out evaluation form
- Certified Counselor: 1.5 credit hours
- Social Workers: 1.5 Clinical Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Behavior Analysts: Not eligible for continuing education
- Psychologists: Not eligible for continuing education
- Nurses: Not eligible for continuing education
- Teachers: Attend this event to accumulate professional development hours. You must get approval for hours from you supervisor or school principal.
Content Area: Human Growth and Development
Guest speaker Sorah Stein, one of the only dual certified board certified behavior analysts and AACSET certified sexual educators in the world, joins us to present on puberty in pre-teens and teens. This workshop is ideal for parents with children with developmental disabilities who are interested how puberty will effect their child’s behavior, but we recommend this webinar for all professionals that work with pre-teens and teenagers with special needs who are interested in puberty and behavior.
During this workshop, Ms. Stein will describe sexuality, sex, puberty and puberty onset, the typical course of sexual maturation, and behavior and hormonal changes related to puberty.
- Participants will be able to describe what puberty is and when it ‘starts’
- Participants will be able to define sex and puberty
- Participants will be able to describe behavior and hormonal changes related to puberty
- Participants will be able to describe environmental factors that effect behavior during puberty.